At Woodford our school meals are prepared on the school premises by a catering team from CATERed.
A copy of the school menu is sent out to parents at the beginning of each term.
We aim to provide a varied, balanced meal with a choice of four main courses including vegetables and salad. Yoghurt and fruit or a sweet are also available each day. A drink of milk or water are provide for the children with their meal.
Payment for a school meal in KS2 will be £2.20 per meal per day. Payment is required through SIMS PAY - please contact the office for further details. Please note the school office does not accept cash payments.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Since September 2014 all pupils in KS1 are provided with a free cooked school lunch. These meals are healthy and tasty and we encourage parents to take advantage of this new initiative which saves them £11 a week, the equivalent of £418 a year. Parents and guardians are encouraged to apply for free school meals when they enrol their child in school, as this can help their child’s school to attract additional pupil premium funding to support learning.
From Year 3 onwards, children whose parents are in receipt of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit.
Children who receive any of the above benefits in their own right (i.e. they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
How to apply
If you think you may be eligible for free school meals please visit Free School Meals
Please ask at the school office if you need any help.